[V3dot10] More font wierdness

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 11:14:41 UTC 2007

On 25/07/07, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I loaded the 3.10 based dev image.
>
> I selected the script which discusses antialiasedFonts and clicked the
> item which indicated setting the text resloution to Mac 72 dpi.

Yay, a user ! (I added this script)

> Opening the universe browser and selecting different packages changes
> the tile of its window to reflect the selected package. The fonts in the
> title show quite an artistic random sizing effect.

Fun one :) It's like there is a cache for individual glyph shapes, and
it's not invalidated when the resolution changes.

I get that too but it disappears when I change the fonts with the
second item. FreeType fonts seem to behave nicer. There is another
misfeature which is that the mac font settings specify Lucida Grande
11 for a number of UI fonts (default, list, buttons...), but size 11
does not exist by default and it's not created on the fly, so you get
size 10 instead.

I'll look at that but I'm a little busy planning a job/place change...
--
Damien Pollet
type less, do more [ | ] http://typo.cdlm.fasmz.org