[V3dot10] testing packages

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 23:39:56 UTC 2007

> Third, I am not committed to this particular testing system.  It is
> just something I threw together, and requires a bit of handholding to
> keep going.
I dont think it makes sense to have more than one solution for this. Ok
my stuff may not be perfect but I think it deserves knocking into shape
after all the effort I put into it.

- TestReporter is there in the improved SUnit.
- TestReporter/TestRunner can be run from the commandline if Launcher is
installed (Installer's command line parameter handling has been
refactored out into Launcher)
- TestReporter generates an ongoing progress report and results viewable
via a web browser
- TestRunner also reports results via testReporter if invoked from the
commandline
- There is a set of apache icons to give green/yellow/red/inprogress
lights in the results directory display.
- Results are in a format that can be debugged using 'do-it's in a
FileList (which can access remotely run tests result files via ftp).
- Timings for tests can be exported into a datafile which can be used to
categorise tests quick/slow/long for more efficient running.

Basically you can boot the image, do the install of the packages you
want and run the tests all from the command line.

Installer doesnt yet support Package Universes, but it would not be
rocket science for it to do so.

I am a bit busy for a few weeks sorry I cant help right now

best regards

Keith