[V3dot10] testing packages

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 10:16:38 UTC 2007

> > > Second, the more packages, the better.  Please suggest packages in PU
> > > that I should use as test cases.
> >
> > I would suggest Seaside, Magritte and Pier.
>

> Seaside needs to be fixed.  See http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5987  I
> haven't tried the rest.  Have you tried them, and would they be good
> candidates?  I figured that Pier wouldn't work without Seaside, and
> Magritte is sort of pointless without Seaside.

That's all wrong.

Magritte is a generic self-described meta-modelling framework, that
has absolutely nothing to do with Seaside. The model of both, Magritte
and Pier, are cleanly separated from any view related code. The tests
of both projects only depend on the model.

Seaside is  *a possible* view Pier. There is also a (simple) Morphic
browser for Pier. Magritte has different extension packages, such as
to generate Seaside/Morphic views/editors from the meta-model. This is
just possible way to use Magritte.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli