[V3dot10] Problem with ReleaseBuilderFor3dot10

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Jun 12 20:55:34 UTC 2007

Please see http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6537

Here I provide a small patch to fix a name detection problem.  Also I
mention a theory about why I'm having a problem that is completely
wrong.  So except for the bits about this patch, ignore my original
comment.

I've been fighting with this all afternoon and here is what I have
decided.  The problem I've been running into is in loading update 7109.
It fails to find Installer-Core-edc.85.  First of all I suspect that
having a hyphen in the name is going to cause problems, and maybe even
is somehow tangentially related here.  But fundamentally here is what I
have found, to quote from my last note to the bug report:

"If you look at the 310 repository in Monticello and look at the history
for Installer-Core-edc.86, particularly the id for the version of .85
listed in the history and compare that to the id of .85 in the
repository you find they don't match. Surely this is not right?"

Follow me?

I'll be on #squeak at least for another two hours if anyone wants to
chat about it.

Ken