[V3dot10] [Fwd: Re: Need Advice from SqueakSource Expert]

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Jun 15 22:40:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 19:32 -0300, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> El 6/15/07 6:10 PM, "Ken Causey" <ken at kencausey.com> escribió:
>
> > Note in particular his theory (with which I agree) that this likely
> > occurred as a result of having published .85 twice to two separate
> > repositories.  This suggests that the simplest way to solve this might
> > be to find the other copy of .85 and then I can replace the current copy
> > in the 310 repository with it.
>

> Yes .85 could be copied twice, but not to two separate repositories outside
> my machine.
> Or my own directory counts also ?

Yes it counts.  Monticello makes no judgement about the the storage
mechanism behind a repository.  So if you published once to your own
local repository, then realized you had made a mistake and then
published to the 310 repository, my understanding is that, coupled with
some other steps in the creation of .86, then yes that could be the
cause of this problem.

Ken