[V3dot10] Re: Release Meta-problems (repository woes)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Jun 18 18:59:12 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 11:13 +0200, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
> Hi Jerome,
>
> We have implemented deleting packages quite some time ago as this was
> requested by the 3.9 release team.
> Apparently, these changes have never been deployed on the
> SqueakFoundation SqueakSource server (however, they are deployed on
> squeaksource.com, where this change is also available).
>
> So, the question probably is, who is reponsible for this server and
> will do the upgrade?

Well, I guess the answer to the first is me.  Doug Way setup
source.squeakfoundation. org but he seems to be unavailable for the time
being.  So 'ownership' devolves to me as the Box-Admins team leader.
However I know very little about SqueakSource and do not feel capable of
safely upgrading an instance which is relied upon as much as this one
is.  That does not mean I'm against upgrading, by no means.  It's just
that I don't personally feel safe doing it.

Can I ask you and/or Lukas for assistance in upgrading
source.squeakfoundation.org?  I'm sure many people, including myself,
would appreciate it.

Ken