[V3dot10] Previous Dev image 123 updated to (3.10/7119, I'm guessing?)

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 05:46:01 UTC 2007

2007/6/28, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com>:
> After installing the updates to the previous version of dev image 123 (not the one announced June 26 based on 3.10 7119 ) via Universes, when I do 'open/class browser', it asks which SystemBrowser I prefer.
> If I select one, the window that opens up is not named to match the one I select. I find this inconsistent and confusing.
> And once selected, it becomes the default forevermore. Could all the options remain in the open/class browser menu somehow in case I no longer want the previously selected one to be the default. Or perhaps right there have a visible selectable way to change the default class browser again. Maybe I've missed it.
>
> PackagePaneBrowser - Window that opens is called Package Browser
> Browser - Window is called System Browser
> RefactoringBrowser - Window is called RB
> OBSystemBrowserAdaptor - Window is called System Browser

This is a common request of users. What I often answer is that I'm
waiting for minimal images. As soon as there is no more browser in the
base image, you won't have the choice and you won't be confused :-).
But I agree with you, it would be better if developers can agree on a
naming scheme.

Bye

--
Damien Cassou