[V3dot10] Taking the blue pill

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 00:10:31 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 02:05:16PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>> I afraid the blue pill way take a couple of years for the 98% of 172
>> methods
>> going to future releases.
>
> Maybe so. But why exactly is this a problem? The changes are
> "beautifications" at best, they don't fix a problem, they don't improve
> behavior, they don't add features. Why the pressure to get them done
> immediately?

For me, it is an urgent feature because it is the fastest way to
re-incorperate all the changes made between 7142 and 7158. With
the current MCZ update stream, it is nearly impossible to just
take a buggy change set out of the update stream and expect it
the issue to disappear; you also have to re-do all changes
since, since each update can re-introduce the bug thanks to the
redundency inherent in packages. It would be easier to review
the update and patch it in 7159 than to redo the work between
7142 and 7158. Edgar is already over-worked.