[V3dot10] Font woes

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 04:15:27 UTC 2007

Hi Ralph, Hi Edgar,

I've started to look back into some of the font bugs.

http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=5309
contains a more likely fix for the #isfontAvailable
bug currently in the image.

The patch I proposed (incorperated in update 7092) has
been pointed out to be wrong. And several of the
problems I have come across are atributable to the
#isfontAvailable method giving wrong answers.

Fixing the bug, I came across another problem.
0006664: TTCFont>ascent can be infinitely recursive.
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6664

This is one of the reasons recursive fallback fonts
crash the system. A reversion to the 7067 code should
cure the problem. I uploaded the goodie to help
harvesting.

Anyway if 3dot10 is to be stable these both need to be
fixed.

Cheers