[V3dot10] Re: [ANN] New polished Squeak3.11.alpha.7160.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Feb 6 14:31:47 UTC 2008

El 2/6/08 3:59 AM, "Serge Stinckwich" <Serge.Stinckwich at gmail.com> escribió:

> If the 3.10 is stable, we have to release now an official version, send
> announcements to the various mailing-lists, update the web site.
> I could help for doing that.
>

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> http://doesnotunderstand.free.fr/

The only 3.10 don't have is a Welcome window, like we have in the past.
Ralph say he do it  (as he is the team leader).
In absentia, I could take the last Welcome window of Squeak, actualize for
3.10 differences and send to this list for all could load in his image for
nay changes before putting image on public.

The enfasis should be is the first official image without some packages and
without some morphs .
We wish go smaller (see 3.11 tentative proposal)
Also now the prefered way of load some is Universes.
Squeak Map and Etoys is still in this image, but maybe not in followings.
Projects originated in earlier Squeak could or not work, no guaranties but
feedbadk is welcomed and I could help on transitions troubles.