[V3dot10] Re: [Bug] 0006839: #comeFullyUpOnReload: not sent to MorphExtension's otherProperties (anIdentityDictionary)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jan 10 10:34:06 UTC 2008

El 1/10/08 5:25 AM, "Klaus D. Witzel" <klaus.witzel at cobss.com> escribió:

> Then the #==2#= change can happen again (at any time and to/by
> whomsoever). Would you please point me to the change(s) involved so that a
> test can be produced which goes red if the wrong #==2#= is changed again.
>
> TIA
>
> /Klaus

Complete history about this.
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=2788 is the original bug report, you
could see here the Dan propose and packages build for 3.10 at the time I
take it and do the change.
Jerome (wiz) soon discover is wrong change ALL #== to #=
Also you could see Ralph analysis about which test fail.

We discuss here how to deal this and decide go back.
All .cs and .mcz was erased and news .cs and .mcz was produced.
Also a new image.
The short history is Squeak3.10.gamma.7159.image don't have it and the 172
changes should be break in several ones (not in only one as I do).

No derived image (web, fun, others) should use any different to
Squeak3.10.gamma.7159.image.

This is now our base image, should be declared final, as was in public for a
month ( 06-Dec-2007 20:59  is date on server)

The #== to #= don't happen again if people learn the hard lesson.

No bug report which give us more of 3 touched packages , one of this a Test
for one of the others two, should go to updates.

Read the "history.morph" from earlier Squeak 3.10 and the two troubles was
in this situation.

I hope the meet with Colin in Buenos Aires gives us a better MC2 and next
Squeak could be build with MC2.
Or with DeltaStreams

Never more with Monticello, two releases by two different teams show is not
the tool for the job.