[V3dot10] SqueakLight|II #7068 - You may not create any more undefined objects--use nil

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jun 27 12:38:22 UTC 2008

El 6/27/08 7:53 AM, "Klaus D. Witzel" <klaus.witzel at cobss.com> escribió:

> Hi list,
>
> don't know if the v3dot10 list is still okay for SqueakLight feedback but,
> here goes:
>
> o downloaded a fresh copy from www.squeak.org
> o started the .image and made flaps go away
> o launched the Preferences browser and typed 'scroll'
> o got this (otherwise) wonderful message
>
> Will continue trying to use SqueakLight for developer activities and
> report what I find.
>
> /Klaus
Klaus:
You feedback is welcomed (and needed).

7SqueakLightII 068 is 3.9 with more packages going out.
And without Traits using Matthew and Keith procedure
You could update the image hitting load updates from Squeak flap.

7178MCClassDefinition-createClass-edc.cs corrects the error you report

For not raise the error
Utilities readServerUpdatesThrough: 7181 saveLocally: true updateImage: true

The image should advance until 7182 today.
All the .cs was same as 3.10 , but in more clear to all way.
As SqueakLightII don't have Universes, Installer, SqueakMap, etc the .cs of
3.10 relevant to any of this is absent and I plan to put SqueakLight  stuff
here.

7182 update is Monticello 1.6 beta of Matthew and Keith with some
adaptations I made in gzipped compressed way named '.sqz' .

At the moment I polishing some things, the image could load  very useful
code without any trouble

I add a page on swiki, all could put any you wish

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056

And a couple of ready to run

In a Workspace,

|sourceFile |
sourceFile := HTTPLoader default retrieveContentsFor:
'http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/6056/LightWeb.sar'.
sourceFile := RWBinaryOrTextStream with: (sourceFile content).
SARInstaller new fileInFrom: sourceFile

'http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/6056/ SqueakRosDev3dot10.sar'.
sourceFile := RWBinaryOrTextStream with: (sourceFile content).
SARInstaller new fileInFrom: sourceFile

Not to bad having a server and web page builder and a development set for a
pre-alpha ...

Help and we could have a polished system ready for ESUG or Smalltalks 2008