[V3dot10] Some sharing about how SqueakLightII could deal with packages

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Sun Jun 29 12:02:07 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Edgar J. De Cleene
<edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I wish share a kind of info my in the way crude tools gives me.
> This was for 7068, without loading any in the image,
> I plan to complete and as I see Colin maybe finish MC2 , could produce a
> image with MC2 instead of Monticello 1.6.
> Remember the idea is easy updating pressing the update button of Squeak
> flap, but any could do via Utilities slUpdates.

What problem do you want to solve?

I assume that MissingClasses.log shows the classes that each package
depends on that the image is missing.

If that is so, then some of those packages clearly depend on other
packages, and you should not try loading them without first loading
the packages on which they are built.  Some of the packages depend on
SUnit, which you deleted.  Lots of them depend on Seaside, which is
not in the regular image.

But these packages are not in the image, so I am not sure what problem
you want to solve.

-Ralph