[V3dot10] Other comments regarding 3.10.1gamma progress

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed May 14 15:25:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 12:04 -0300, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> You must wait some days.
>
> Read my day at #IRC in http://tunes.org/~nef/logs/squeak/08.05.14.
>
> I don't reply to some you say as I don't wish more fights.
>
> I do a decision when I see Board doing his.
>
> Regards
>
> Edgar

I read through the IRC logs earlier.  I'm afraid that there is quite a
bit there that I don't understand and I'm not sure what if any of it is
relevant to me.

I'm afraid 'fights' are part of the job.  The goal simply has to be to
keep them as civil and short as possible.  I think that is the core
misunderstanding of most release teams: Communication is 98% of the job.

I'm not sure what decision you are expecting to get from the Board.  If
it's relating to a decision regarding the leadership of 3.11 that is
irrelevant to this discussion.  This discussion is about 3.10 which is
completely separate.

I would really appreciate it if you could reply to the list clearly with
your opinion as to whether you prefer at this point to return to using
ReleaseBuilder/MCZ or changesets.   I'm more or less done with #7036 but
I'm on hold waiting to figure out how to publish it.  I had hoped to
figure out your decision by looking at update 7165.  But since it is not
available for me to look at, it does not help.

If by your comment 'You must wait some days' you mean that you would
like some time to take a break, I understand and support that, I don't
want you or anyone to feel like we have to rush to get out 3.10.1.  But
at the same time a quick response regarding the update methodology would
really be appreciated.

Ken