[V3dot10] Re: [squeak-dev] Notes from Release meeting 5 are finally out

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 19 09:22:03 UTC 2008

About the meetings Matthew was doing I wish say

Here

11:22 am

I ann and put my working prototype image for feedback.

In Smalltalks 2007 I meet Colin and agree use MC2 and he should contact
Ralph

Pavel knows better as me the needs of his works.

In this years Pavel work hard and give us a kernel from grow up.

Craig do a super job starting from mythical Dan mini image until he found
the minimal image with sense could have 52 classes.

I'm not sure , but maybe Pavel is working for 6 years and Craig for 10
years.

I said the actual package system should be redone.

It's what I doing with "Ladrillos" experiments for only 3 years, so both
Masters have tons of things I must learn.

So I wish go towards Kernel and find the right way to load things.

I also wish have Morphic 3.0.

Before we start 3.10 , I try to collaborate with Pavel and his
MinimalMorphic.

As Igor points is not smaller , is modular.

And all could have different views and needs.

So I could do 3.11, SqueakLightII, go to help Juan , try to help newbie's or
continue doing FunSqueak

Edgar

PS. Smalltalk discardMorphic is on the systems for eras, not be mistake by
browser as the method was of Jon Hyland, another guy who sure knows how to
build "ad-hoc" images