[V3dot10] Patch should be applied: Delay class>>timeoutSemaphore:afterMSecs:

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu May 29 07:33:15 UTC 2008

Norbert Hartl wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 22:35 -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
>> +1. I'm *amazed* that people running production Seaside installations on
>> 3.9 don't get bitten left and right by that bug. It's a complete
>> show-stopper.
>>
> I think most of them know how to apply a patch ;)

Do the "standard" Seaside images have that patch? I would've expected an
uproar once the first couple of people get bitten by it.

> But seriously is the mentioned one any other than
>
> SafeDelay-2.cs
> DelayTweaks-ar.cs
> DelayStartup-ar.cs
> SemaCritical-ar.cs
>
> ?

Very different. The above were written against Croquet which is a 3.8
variant that doesn't have the problem. So there was no need to include
that fix since it would never affect me (and I didn't even know it
existed in 3.9).

Cheers,
   - Andreas