Process

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Dec 13 14:42:55 UTC 2005

Hi guys!

Adrian Lienhard <adi at netstyle.ch> wrote:
> I think you mix up two different things here:
> (i) who closes the issue(s) on mantis (which was in question)?
> (ii) whether a set of fixes should be committed to the inbox in
> separate versions or not?
>
> I don't see why (i) would influence (ii). IIRC it was never in
> question that the Steward teams can push versions into the inbox
> containing multiple fixes, was it?

Not sure, perhaps I have misunderstood the proposals. :)

> Just what's necessary is that each committed version lists the fixed
> Mantis IDs so that the release team can update the changelog
> accordingly (and has some clue about what they are integrating of
> course).

That has never been under discussion AFAIK. Of course the MCs should
have proper mantis ids listed in the version comment etc.

> Therefore, (ii) should not be in question, right?

Not sure, but if not - good. :)

> And still, still, open is (i).

In that case I don't really care. :)

If we (the Network Steward team) set issues to "resolved" when pushing
and don't have to care after that (the release team sets them to
"closed") OR if we need to close them after we see it has gone into an
update - OR if we can close immediately when pushing - I am fine with
any of those three solutions.

regards, Göran