Is there anybody in this mailing-list?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Mar 15 05:13:27 UTC 2005

On Mar 12, 2005, at 2:19 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

>> Well, it's not too busy yet, but there have been posts from you,
>> Goran and myself, so that makes three. ;)  See the archive:
>> http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?13
>>
>> So, that's not too busy, but I'm thinking this list (v3dot9) may not
>> be extremely active, as it's not the sort of topic that lends itself
>> to brainstorming or casual comments (like modules and some other
>> lists).  Plus, some of the 3.9 release coordination will involve
>> discussing release timing on the other lists and on squeak-dev
>> sometimes.

Ok, I moved the proposed 3.9 Release plan to the swiki here, after a
few cleanups and additions:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5645

I just remembered part of why it's nice to have that on the regular
swiki... it's really easy to add asterisks around things and have
meaningful links behind them!  (Which may not seem that important to us
experts, but it is probably really helpful to a newcomer trying to
figure out what all this new content is.)

I will mention this page on squeak-dev shortly.

> sure but I would like to know what do we do. What are the actions that
> are pending and what should be done.  For example I would like to
> contact romain to get the new version of services for 3.9 and get some
> feedback from users.

Short term, I haven't thought about contacting these smaller projects
yet, but...

>> Anyway, I will put the proposed plan on the swiki shortly.  I already
>> realize I forgot to mention a few things such as ToolBuilder.  (I
>> didn't originally think ToolBuilder was really that important for
>> 3.9, but if the ToolBuilder team comes up with something good, it
>> would be great to add in 3.9.)  Plus I'll incorporate Goran's
>> comments.
>
> what is happening with 3.9 unstable?

Yes, this is extremely important, and will be my #1 focus now that the
proposed 3.9 plan is out there.

I will work on getting something together this week.  I held off on
doing anything with the unstable stream for a little while because the
3.8 fixes were still being posted to both the 3.8gamma and 3.9alpha
(stable) streams.  But now it is time to switch to unstable for
3.9alpha.  I may tweak the menu which comes up after "broadcast update"
to make it simpler, and also add a warning if you try to post directly
to the stable stream, because you should normally post to unstable.
And make sure the unstable->stable DoIt is working.  Some things like
that.  And then offer unstable-stream access to more people.

- Doug