MorphicSplitter added in 3.9a

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sun Sep 11 04:08:46 UTC 2005

On Sep 10, 2005, at 12:31 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Hi marcus
>
> I integrated MorphicSplitters

(is Marcus on this 3.9a list?  this list hasn't been too busy, but he
probably should be on here, with all the 3.9a stuff he's doing...)

> Doug do you have any idea how we could record a configuration because
> for now I did not
> see really how to use MCConfiguration and I do not want to do it all
> the time by hand.

You may want to ask Bert & others on the Packages list (or squeak-dev).
  There is the "Store" option in the MCConfigurationBrowser.  (do "mc
browse" in the postscript of 6688 for example)  I am starting to look
into this now, though, because I wanted to work this weekend on adding
that feature to automatically update packages when checking the update
stream.  Although this may require some thinking, seeing the recent
discussion on squeak-dev (Avi talking about a bulk load).

> I noticed that the system is getting really slow when there are a lot
> of packages. Strange.

Hm, strange.  (It looks like MorphicSplitters didn't add too many
packages... I think 2 new ones?  Etoys & MorphicExtras)

- Doug