[V3dot9] New PI with postscripts/preamble etc

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Aug 15 22:59:07 UTC 2006

Hi!

Ok, I have no idea how I got pulled into this but I just spent an hour
or two carefully merging the latest PackageInfo code from Squeaksource
with the kinda odd lineage of PackageInfo that is currently in 7054. The
extensive MC version note tells most of the story. It sits in the 3.9
inbox of course.

And forget the mumbojumbo about removing PackageList in the open-menu -
my mistake, it is not there in 7054.

Also, some notes I wrote while looking at 7054:

	- Remove the modules.squeakfoundation.org/People/gk repo. Does not
exist.
	- Change the kilana:888 to squeaksource.com - doesn't work behind
firewalls with 888.

regards, Göran

PS. Not tested much, but I did do an MC version of PackageInfo with a
postscript in it (using "PackageInfo named: 'PackageInfo') postscript:
'blabla' ") and it worked fine when loaded :) now I will drop to bed.
Gnite.

PPS. There are numerous versions of packages in current 3.9 that needs
to get fed "upstream". By that I mean for example SMBase and SMLoader -
my packages. The loader is a fixed version of my latest published - easy
for me to fold in and make a new release. Same with SMBase. But what
about the others? SUnit for example is way newer than the one currently
on SM, and the loader lists 3.1.6 as installed (this is all SM knows)
but of course in fact the installed version is a derivative from 3.1.22.
Since it has been installed using Monticello directly SM still thinks it
is 3.1.6 that is installed. It also offers no new version because all
versions on SM lack 3.9 as category - so SM does not think there are any
newer versions to install (otherwise it would have looked like
(3.1.6->3.1.22).