[V3dot9] Re: New PI with postscripts/preamble etc

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Aug 16 12:47:31 UTC 2006

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Ducasse?= <stephane.ducasse at univ-savoie.fr>
wrote:
> > Well, Damien is right - it would not make any difference. SM *uses*
> > Monticello to install the version - and since that version is
> > already in
> > the image "nothing" will happen - except that the registry in SM about
> > which version is installed will be correct.
> >
> > So yes, same net effect AFAICT.
>
> I guess that you did not manage a complete image with SM.
> We did and our experience have proven at least to us that MC was
> better for our needs.
> So even if in theory this would be equivalent in practice this is not.

I just made a new release of SMLoader and used the MC file currently in
3.9, and then I updated the SM map and did "upgrade all installed" -
worked as expected. I created an empty changeset before - no changes
made. And now it looks correct.

So not that it matters much, but I am with Damien on this one :).

regards, Göran