[V3dot9] Re: About condenseChanges and Traits

Pavel Krivanek pavel.krivanek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 10:56:42 UTC 2006

On 8/23/06, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Apparently in
>         7054
>
> VersionsBrowser new
>         scanVersionsOf:
> (TraitDescription>>#noteRecategorizedSelectors:oldComposition:)
> class: TraitDescription
>         meta: false
>         category: nil
>         selector: #noteRecategorizedSelectors:oldComposition:.
>
> raises an error linked to the access of method preamble
>
> While it works in 7052 and 7053.
>
> It seems that there is a problem in condenseSources.
>
> Pavel you were implying that the the problem with traits was existing
> also after condensing **Changes***.
>
> Pavel you were refering to this point?
> http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3737

Yes, I have taken the 7053 image
anhttp://mail.google.com/mail/?account_id=pavel.krivanek%40gmail.comd
evaluated the testing code that stores all souces into the dictionary,
condense changes and then test if the sources are still the same. One
small problem is that the image must be saved and reopened after
condensing of changes because condenseChanges doesn't do correct
reopening of the changes file with the right encoding.

AFAIK this test was working well. Maybe we should test previous images
to see where it stoped work well. Maybe is problem only with the
method category name of broken methods because, as far as I remember,
it contains space character.

-- Pavel