[V3dot9] Re: About condenseChanges and Traits

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Aug 24 11:40:46 UTC 2006

On 24.08.2006, at 13:32, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi philippe
>
> are you telling to me that if I use that script in 7053
> I can get the problems we have with condenseChanges?

Hi,

We need to be careful what to talk about: There is

a) condenseChanges

and

b) condenseSources

What we did in 7053 is *condenseSources*. A condenseChanges
was *never* done, as far as I know, so i wonder why why talk about that?

So what needs to be done is

1) Verify that condenseChanges is correct.
For that
	- take 7052, do condenseChanges
        - take Philippe's code, see if problem.

I think the result will be that * condenseChanges*
is working correctly.

2) Verify that CondenseSources is broken
	- take 7052, do condenseSources
        - take Philippe's code, see if problem.

Then we are sure what we need to discuss... is
condense*Changes* or  condense*Sources* broken
or both?