difficulties about the TextAnchor fixes

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:34:58 UTC 2006

Hi Stef,

> > Could you have a look to see if this is possible to produce a new
> > package based on the
> > version available in 3.9-6719
>
> I will have a look this afternoon.

I created a change-set within Squeak3.9a-6718 that replays the changes
I made, as commented in my original mail. I think it is the simplest,
so you can review the changes and then file-in into the new image
without having to merge all those packages.

Again what I did and the reason:

- removed TextAnchorPlus because it is used nowhere and broken.

- added TextAnchor>>emphasizeScanner: because this was obviously
missing, older version of Squeak do have this method.

- changed DisplayScanner>> placeEmbeddedObject: and the duplicated
code in MultiDisplayScanner>>placeEmbeddedObject: to draw the forms
transparent (this is more like an enhancement, not really the fix
itself).

- changed the class comment of TextAnchor to actually provide an up-to
date example that works in morphic (not only MVC)

I hope this fix will be included soon, as it enables to do a lot of
cool things, such as to display icons within lists (imagine
omnibrowser displaying overriding/overridden messages with an icon),
etc.

Cheers,
Lukas

--