3.8.1

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Feb 8 18:34:43 UTC 2006

Just trying to think of the best way to handle the updates.list update
stream file, since this is the first x.y.z post-release that we're
doing.

I think what you propose sounds about right, once we think the updates
are sufficiently tested.  But I think we'd still want the update stream
to mark everyone's image as 3.8.1 after those updates are done?  So
you'd add a 6739UpdateTo381-mir.cs at the end in there which would do
the newVersion:.

So, the updates.list file would look like this after you were done:

6663shadowFix-bf.cs
6664symbolFixes-ar.cs
6665advance38final.cs
#Squeak3.8
6668SysNavFix-ar.cs
6669VMM38-64bit-imageUpdates.1.cs
6669VMM38-gc-instrument-image.1.cs
6672CleanupUserObjects-dew.cs
6682MiscFixes-md.cs
6687HTTPSocket.cs
6690GradientCache-efc.cs
6730DebuggerFix-dgd.cs
6731FasterRectangelInsetBy.cs
6732FlapTab.MAL.cs
6733LocalePluginAddins.cs
6734LowSpaceAndInterruptHandler-2-dtl.cs
6735RemoveLeftoverVMMbits-38b4.cs
6736SymbolPrims-ar.cs
6737VMMLowSpaceAndInterruptHandler-2-dtl.cs
6738WideStringPrimKill.cs
6739UpdateTo381-mir.cs
#Squeak3.8.1
#Squeak3.9alphaold
6400RBAST-md.cs
6401RBParserRewriter.cs

Then, at some point in the future if we have a 3.8.2 release, we add
those updates after the #Squeak3.8.1 tag.

(Or, you could leave the #Squeak3.8.1 tag before these 3.8.1 updates and
insert a 6667UpdateTo381-mir.cs above that instead... either way would
work I guess.)

For reference, anyone can see the current updates.list file at
http://update.squeakfoundation.org/external/updates/updates.list

- Doug