we would like to integrate network

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Feb 11 18:50:07 UTC 2006

On 10.02.2006, at 11:05, Marcus Denker wrote:
>> I don't think it's a good idea. First, it creates extra work for the
>> release team; second, it mandates that each team very clearly
>> communicates to the release team what its strategy for fixing stuff
>> is, and requires that the release team knows all these various
>> strategies and complies with them.
>>

> It can be a mess easily, yes... so we will try to not do this for now.

I just had a look at Networking... I will not inlcude this in 3.9 for
now,
as there are lots of branches in the networking Project on
source.squeafoundation.org,
and I don't even know which to take, most of them look like
independend devlopment
threads starting from the one in the current 3.9, but there is not a
single one containing
all changes.

So I will wait till we have a dedicated package to include.

I can only stress again that I personally think that we need to
include any kind
of change *fast* to be able to test it and to get new reports /
patches based on
the current state and not some code that is already 6 weeks old.

      Marcus