From MethodProperties to Pragmas

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 14:05:09 UTC 2006

Hi Marcus,

attached you find the files to make both of us happy, hopefully ;-)

Some changes I did to your property code:

- moved #properties and #properties: to the private method-category,
they should not be called directly to avoid unnecessary allocations.
- removed MethodProperties and replaced with an IdentityDictionary to
avoid another indirection.
- #propertyAt:, #propertyRemove: now throw an exception if the element
is not available to conform to Squeak standards.
- if the properties become empty because of #propertyRemove:, the
dictionary is removed and replaced with nil.
- added nice comments to all the new methods.

Not much changes were necessary for the Pragmas, they are only
slightly slower than before. Else my old comments (to the parser)
still apply.

I tested it in Squeak3.9-6717: load Pragma.cs first, then load the mcz
package to add and update the tests.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli