[V3dot9] Re: About your shrinking expertise

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Jul 9 16:11:02 UTC 2006

On 9 juil. 06, at 17:24, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> I haven't removed Traits from the kernel image for Squeak 3.9 and I
> share all the bootsrapping environment code. See wiki links at
> SqueakSource (KernelImage). Did you see the latest version? I haven't
> published the final image, only code to prepare it.

Ok I will have a look.
My idea was to see what are the simplest tricks to get a smaller image
in which the removed packages can be reloaded.

So I was planning to
	- produce 3.9 final
	- remove ToolsPlus, Sound, Speech, Kedama,....
	- plus some tricks to get

> I plan to finish porting of SUnit and kernel tests for it during this
> week so we will by able to check if Traits  (and other code) are still
> working well.

Ok

> Now I'm in Amsterdam and I haven't got good internet
> connection here so I will not able to check squek-dev mailing list
> till friday. That's bad 'cos I see that the next direction of Squeak
> development is beeing established.

Do not worry people are just discussing.
What we would like to have is a final image by end of next week.

Stef