[V3dot9] Re: About TrueType.ar-4

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 13 00:14:45 UTC 2006

Ah, yes, that one. This is another one of those fixes that I have no
idea what it is good for. The change in TT-md.2 puts a space glyph at
the code point for (Character value: 1) which is an unprintable.

Why this change is good for, I really don't know. The package version
info only says "SmallLand" (which probably means it was a byproduct of
some other changes), the code itself has no comment indicating what this
change would do. So I'd opt for leaving it out and request that (if this
is indeed an issue for someone) there be a bug report submitted to
explain the issue. I strongly suspect it's just a left-over.

Cheers,
   - Andreas