[V3dot9] Closing bugzilla reports when harvesting?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu May 25 08:32:21 UTC 2006

On 25.05.2006, at 04:58, Ken Causey wrote:

> I could be misremembering but I thought it was decided that the
> release
> team members would look for issues in Mantis marked 'resolved',
> harvest
> any changesets there hopefully clearly marked as what should be
> harvested, then mark the issue closed noting in what update number the
> newly harvested bits appeared in the update stream.  Is that correct?

Yes. Package maintainers should "resolve" the issue, then the image
maintainers close them on inclusion.

> I ask because Todd Blanchard and I are going to try to make some
> progress on I/O Stewards related issues and it seems like we could at
> least finish up the issues already marked resolved.  We'll try to go
> through all of them and confirm whether or not the changes are still
> needed as of 3.9b-7032, and if so if the still apply, then get a
> mcz in
> then io inbox and refer to it in the bug reports.  When you get a
> chance
> please look at the issues marked Resolved on Mantis in the Network and
> Files categories.  If they clearly point to an mcz in a
> source.squeakfoundation.org then please look at them for
> harvesting.  If
> not then just ignore them for now and check back as we will work on
> getting them to that state.

ok

> Until I hear otherwise I'm going to work as if the intention is that
> issues marked 'Resolved' are ready for harvesting and when the
> harvester
> harvests them he will Close the issue.

Good. And keep in mind that the next step for making IO a success
would have been to harvest 2-3 trivial things and then merge with
the image. If that would have been done in that fateful week of activity
in January, everybody would have deemed the Networt package a success...
("I works, but people have not to much time").

The real killer was over-commitment: "We need to at least rewrite
Networking
completely before we can suggest it to be merged into the image". No.
One step
at a time: Simple fix, release. repeat. When that's working, then
think about
changing the world.

       Marcus