[Vm-beginners] versions for Mac iOS build

Jay Hardesty jay.hardesty at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 00:16:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to build a Squeak VM for Mac iOS using a Pharo 1.2.1 image,
based on the instructions at
http://book.pharo-project.org/book/Virtual-Machine/Building/BuildVMOnOSX/.

I'm using snv rev 2330, since that's noted as compatible with VMMaker
1.4 (ConfigurationOfVMMaker-LaurentLaffon.20)
(FWIW I've tried every combination of revs 2330 and 2378, VMMaker 1.4
and 1.5.  Pharo 1.1.1, 1,2,1, and 1.3).

If I check out revision 2330 (or 2378) and simply compile the 64-bit
Mac VM (non-Cog) in distribution config, I get
ld: duplicate symbol _createWindowWidthheightoriginXyattrlength

If I generate my own src directory from VMMaker (all internal plugins,
as shown below) and compile then I get:
[...]/platforms/iOS/vm/src/vm/intplugins/ObjectiveCPlugin/ObjectiveCPlugin.c:
No such file or directory
If I copy in the ObjectiveCPlugin folder from the non-generated src
folder then I get the duplicate symbol link error as above

I'm using Xcode 4, SDK Mac OSX 10.6

Thanks very much for any pointers - sorry if I missed something obvious
Jay

EXTERNAL_PLUGINS =
INTERNAL_PLUGINS = ADPCMCodecPlugin Squeak3D BMPReadWriterPlugin
B2DPlugin BitBltPlugin ClipboardExtendedPlugin CroquetPlugin DSAPrims
ZipPlugin SqueakFFIPrims FFTPlugin FT2Plugin FloatArrayPlugin
FloatMathPlugin GeniePlugin JPEGReaderPlugin Klatt LargeIntegers
MacMenubarPlugin Matrix2x3Plugin MiscPrimitivePlugin IA32ABI IA32ABI
QuicktimePlugin RePlugin SecurityPlugin SlangTestSupportPlugin
SlangTestSupportSSIP SoundCodecPrims SoundGenerationPlugin SoundPlugin
StarSqueakPlugin SurfacePlugin