[Vm-beginners] Objective C Test Failures

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Thu May 19 20:09:40 UTC 2011

4 tests are failing due to the following error:

	(ObjectiveCBridge classObjectForName: 'UIApplication') sharedApplication.

#sharedApplication -> DNU. (The error seems to be in the primitive
primitiveGetMethodSignatureForSelectoron:, which returns 0 as an external
memory address).

Steps taken so far:
1. I checked the Apple docs and everything seems correct.
2. I successfully evaluated the following in the same image as a sanity
check:
	bundle := ObjectiveCObject findClassName: 'NSBundle'.
	aBundle := bundle bundleWithPath: '/Applications/Mail.app' asNSStringUTF8.
	aBundle bundleIdentifier asString.

What is going on here?

Thanks.
Sean