[Vm-beginners] Re: Got "Error: basicNew: failed" when running InterpreterSimulator

Nick. nick.lsts at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 02:32:50 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

Im attaching the PharoDebug.log (
http://forum.world.st/file/n3866329/PharoDebug.log.tar.gz
PharoDebug.log.tar.gz ) that was generated when the error came up.

Those are the steps I used to reproduce the problem. The environment used is
Ubuntu 11.04:
  - From Jetkins, I downloaded the sources and vm for the "StackVM-Unix"
job: https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/StackVM-Unix/6/
  - Unzipped the files and loaded [sources dir]/build/generator.image with
StackVM.
  - Finally, evaluated (StackInterpreterSimulator new openOn: Smalltalk
imageName) test

Also, I tried evaluating the same but running the image from a compiled
stack vm (from StackUnixDebugConfig). In this case, the error that came up
was different: a MNU on ByteStrinng >> asDisplayText.
The log, named CompiledVM-PharoDebug.log is also attached:
http://forum.world.st/file/n3866329/CompiledVM-PharoDebug-.log.tar.gz
CompiledVM-PharoDebug-.log.tar.gz

I'd appreciate any directions on how resolve this one :)

Cheers!