[Vm-beginners] Problems while compiling CogVM

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:07:37 UTC 2012

Disregard my previous mail. I thought the problem in NoGL config only.

i checked the debug log.. i don't see any errors there.
seems like you forgot to redirect stderr output.

On 13 June 2012 22:35, David Leonhardt <davidleonhardt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I´m answering instead of Lucas, as we are working together.
>
> The problem was with both, CogUnixNoGLConfig and CogUnixConfig.

I still don't know what version(s) of configs you using.
The most recent version of CogUnixConfig code don't looks like what you pasted..
It looks like following:

setExtraTargetProperties: maker

	maker setTargetProperties: 'LINK_FLAGS "-m32"'.

	maker puts: 'set_source_files_properties( ${srcVMDir}/cogit.c PROPERTIES
		COMPILE_FLAGS "-O1 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -momit-leaf-frame-pointer
-mno-rtd -mno-accumulate-outgoing-args")'.

	maker
		cmd: 'set_source_files_properties'
		params: ' ${targetPlatform}/vm/sqUnixHeartbeat.c PROPERTIES
		COMPILE_FLAGS "-O1 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-rtd
-mno-accumulate-outgoing-args"'.

	super setExtraTargetProperties: maker.

> Thank you very much.
>

> 2012/6/13 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Lucas Mat <lucas.matw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I could compile on my 32bits Linux by adding some parameters (-lm -ldl
>>> -lpthread) by hand at the end of: /build/CMakeFiles/CogVM.dir/link.txt
>>> after running cmake.
>>>
>>> Those were also added through code:
>>>
>>>     CogUnixConfig >> setExtraTargetProperties: maker
>>>
>>> maker setTargetProperties: 'LINK_FLAGS "-lm -ldl -lpthread -m32"'.
>>>
>>> This adds the parameters at the start of the command on link.txt
>>> (/usr/bin/gcc -lm -ldl ...), but for some reason, it does not work. I have
>>> to add those manually at the end of the command.
>>>
>>> At first I was using CogUnixNoGLConfig and got the same error that
>>> Guillermo points out
>>> here: http://forum.world.st/Error-while-compiling-td4290532.html
>>>
>>> With CogUnixConfig seems to work fine :) (after installing the libs
>>> mentioned on the guide).
>>>

>> Hi Lucas. There is something I didn't understand. That error you had
>> (/usr/bin/gcc -lm -ldl ... ) was only with the CogUnixNoGLConfig ?
>> I mean, if you use CogUnixConfig then it directly works and you don't need
>> to change anything?
>>

>>> As for the versions of CMakeVMMaker, VMMaker, ConfigurationOfCog and
>>> blessed, should be those from the guide
>>> (http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/building-the-vm-from-scratch-using-git-and-cmakevmmaker/)
>>>

>> Excellent. Because it is *really* important that you download the exact
>> version I say of everything hahhaaha :)
>>

>>> The code is still on my workspace:
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>> package: 'ConfigurationOfCog';
>>> load.
>>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfCog) project version: '1.5') load.
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>> squeaksource: 'VMMaker';
>>> package: 'CMakeVMMaker';
>>> version: 'CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.83';
>>> load.

>>> --
>>> Lucas.-
>>

>> --