[vm-beginners] Problems loading VMMaker on Pharo 2.0

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri May 17 22:27:37 UTC 2013

(Segundo intento)

Hi Ivan,

No, so far you cannot load VMMaker into Pharo 2.0.
Main reason is that 2.0 does not have FileDirectory, so I presume the first step is to load the compatibility package, then try to replace references.
Mariano has been already working on that, but he didn't finish (afaik). You can ask him in which state is his code and continue from there.... the main idea was to took off VMMaker the offending parts and put them into a PharoCompatibility package... anyway, better ask Mariano :)

cheers,
Esteban