bug in svnx and rollback of /trunk/platforms/Cross/vm/sq.h needed (1172)

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Wed Apr 13 22:16:03 UTC 2005

Am 14.04.2005 um 00:01 schrieb Tim Rowledge:

> In message <eb81540cc952c77de4f5dce8dac86200 at inria.fr>
>           Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:
>

>> is being checked, and one is deliberate to avoid a bug wherein
>> dispatchFunctionPointer cannot be simultaneously declared a macro in
>> sq.h and a function from within generated sources (the compiler
>> explodes when inlining is disabled).
> So let's just drop the no longer needed macro. And yes, anyone using
> that
> edition of sq.h with older generated sources will get bitten - so
> what. There
> should be a pickled set of non-generated files tagged (or branched or
> whatever)
> to be used with the previous release. As we've said before, the
> intention is to
> try to make code stay compatible but no promises.

While we're at it ... there seems to be a new sport inventing ways of
making "self flag: #bla" compile. LargeIntegersPlugin implements #flag:
as empty slang method. One of Ian's headers makes flag() an empty
inlined C function. Ned's CairoPlugin header has a preprocessor macro
to #define flag(). We ourselves made the C translator generate a
comment instead for #flag:.

What would be the One True Way of handling #flag:?

- Bert -