bug in svnx and rollback of /trunk/platforms/Cross/vm/sq.h needed (1172)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 14 01:13:46 UTC 2005

In message <fe54c2bf414cbde186985bcdbfe31e4e at inria.fr>
          Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:

>      + move the local version aside (deleting the original name)
>      + update just the conflicting file with 'svn update
> originalName.whatever', to get a fresh copy from the repo
>      + diff the updated original version against my modified copy
>      + copy (or propagated changes from) the new version back into the
> original version
Why do you do this bit? Is it a lack of trust in the auto-merging hoo-hah
stuff? I must admit I'm bit sniffy about the idea of anything automatically
claiming to be able to tell me that "you changed some stuff and mickey changed
some stuff but they didn't clash".

tim
Strange OpCodes: RC: Rewind Core