[Squeak-VMdev] GC improvements

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Apr 23 03:22:50 UTC 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 9:34 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Hi -
>
>> That's a good idea, though squeaksource doesn't seem to be very
>> reliable right
>> now and the guys have mentioned completely reworking it. Perhaps a
>> semi-public
>> MC repo on hplab?
>
> How would we do this? Can we set up some WebDAV or so? Alternatively
> we might be able to host it on source.impara.de but I would have to
> talk to Michael about whether that's considered acceptable use of
> Impara resources.

This is what I do for my wiresong repository. Apache2 with mod_dav
works quite well. You can do fine-grained access controls, and allow
read/write/both access by username, domain name, IP address etc. Also,
you can create repository-only accounts; no need for shell access.

I don't run SqueakSource, but I can host a basic repository if folks
would find that helpful.

Colin