FloatArrayPlugin & 64bitting

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Apr 29 01:12:05 UTC 2005

FloatArrayPlugin doesn't feel well when we generate it from the 64bit VMMaker alpha. It has a clause:-

	}
	rcvrPtr = ((float *) (interpreterProxy->firstIndexableField(rcvr)));

	/* Check if any of the argument's values is zero */

	argPtr = ((float *) (interpreterProxy->firstIndexableField(arg)));
	for (i = 0; i <= (length - 1); i += 1) {
		if ((longAt(argPtr + i)) == 0) {
			return interpreterProxy->primitiveFail();
		}
which upsets the typing of longAt since it expects an sqInt. I can trivially alter it to cast the rcvrPtr to an sqInt for the use of the longAt and it compiles/runs ok.

I have no idea if a 64bit machine will have floats of 64 bits (ie the same as sqInt) or if they stay 32bit (ie we have to use plain int, which may upset longAt on a 64bit machine) or what. And since I have no 64bit setup, I can't say I'm massively bothered right now. But somebody probably is and if anyone cares to suggest the nicest fix I'll happily include it.

tim
No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood