New VMMaker/svn release

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Dec 29 02:42:42 UTC 2005

On 28-Dec-05, at 6:19 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
> problem I had was with the definition and use of the
> sqFilenamefromblabla macro - ioFilenamefromblabla (the only user of
> that macro) is defined as taking sqInt but the macro makes happy
> use of [] which makes the compiler complain that the "subscripted
> value is neither array nor pointer". This should either be cast
> properly or declared to take pointer arguments.
Yah, the macro is a bit crufty. We should probably junk it and just
agree to have a suitable function for all platforms. I think we
actually *do* in fact, so it would merely involve agreeing to hook it
up neatly everywhere. The original use for the macro was swapping
dots with slashes for RISC OS but the requirements got a bit more
complex and I had to implement a fairly complicated function to
canonicalise filenames. It turns out I wasn't even using the macro
anymore, which is just as well since I had defined it with the
arguments in the wrong order...

tim
Strange OpCodes: HBT: Harvest Binary Tree