New VMMaker/svn release

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Dec 29 21:25:37 UTC 2005

On 28-Dec-05, at 6:53 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> I say, let's kick the macro then and give that function a proper
> prototype. The way it is right now is really not all that useful.
Sigh. It seems it isn't as simple as one would like here. It's -
again - OSX causing trouble with its demented approach to aliases.
Apparently we need to be able to specify whether the aliases
potentially in the filepath get resolved or not; when opening a file
we do, for renaming or deleting we don't. So far as I can tell only
OSX has to do this but it means that any code hoping to work across
platforms has to know when to do 'filenameMungerWithOpen'  as opposed
to plain 'filenameMunger' if it hopes to run properly on OSX.

Right now all I can think of is either
a) making a a proxy function with 4 args - say
ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAlias(char* cBuffer,
char*filename, sqInt fnSize, sqInt resolveFlag) - and two macros
b) or two proxy calls - ioFilenamefromStringofLength &
ioFilenameOpenfromStringofLength

Ugly! Ugly! Clearer thoughts needed!

tim
Strange OpCodes: L: Lie!