New VMMaker/svn release

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Dec 29 22:22:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 12:55:03PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 29-Dec-05, at 12:00 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >
> > Attachments (in zip file):
> >
> > platforms-win32-plugins-FilePlugin-sqWin32FilePrims.c.diff - Change
> > Win32
> >     FilePlugin to use session ID from the interpreter rather than
> > generate its
> >     own value (for consistency, and also so as not to break OSPP
> > for Win32).
> >
> > platforms-Cross-vm-sqMemoryAccess.h.diff - Add missing memory
> > access macros
> >     (the inline functions are complete, but some of the
> > corresponding macros
> >     are missing).
> OK, I knew we had skipped some but hadn't had any problems as such.

According to the comment in sqMemoryAccess.h:

#ifdef INLINING_WORKS_FOR_SMALL_ACCESSORS
/* use these if static inline produces efficient code for such small accessor
 * functions. It doesn't on RISC OS and OSX as of may 2005 */

So the macros are there to accomodate the RiscOS and OSX compilers.
But for some reason, configure ends up telling my Linux system to use
the macros, even though it does not need to do so. The missing macros
are apparently used only in the vm-display-X11 module, which of course
is not needed for RiscOS but I suppose might be of interest on OSX.

In any case, I get the same results whether using the macros or the
inline functions.