Porting to Playstation2.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Tue Feb 15 21:32:37 UTC 2005

> My makefile and its preferences get copied correctly, but the vm files
> don't.  Should the makefile simply refer back to the source tree, or
> is another technique used?  Once I get this sorted out I will commit
> the file to my CVS so people can see my progress.
>
> So far, with the above files all manually copied to the output
> directory, and all the required functions stubbed out, I can compile
> an executable.

The build process always has three directories:

./src/*
./platforms/*

and
./bld.

My usual sequence for making a unix VM is to do (in my newly created
build directory)

 > ../platforms/unix/config/configure ; make

Anyway, my own VM question is wheather anyone has bothered to document
the unix display plugins?

I know that Ian's refactoring changed alot of stuff for the better but
he never documented how one goes about designing and writing one...

I ask because I wanted to try out different display libraries such as SDL..