Unix [Mac OS] VM config options?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Jun 9 06:05:58 UTC 2005

Hi John!

(cc-ing Ian directly this time, since I know following lists is a pain
:))

And then John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
> Are you talking building the os-x carbon xcode based VM?
> Or building under unix?

Wel, *I* was referring to unix - but I guess Brent was referring to
MacOS.

> If under unix, get latest SVN tree, download latest beta etc of
> VMMaker http://www.rowledge.org/tim/squeak/SqFiles/packages/VMMaker/
> VMMaker-tpr.35.mcz
> follow unix build instructions.

Yes, but are all the options to "../platforms/unix/config/configure"
documented there? I know about the new 32/64 bit option, and I know
there is a -without-X (or something like that) option, but I was
wondering if there are more and if there is a list somewhere or if not -
how I can easily find out.

The answer may of course very well be "read the autoconf files" -
whichever they are. :) Just thought I should ask first.

And the reason again is that I am now maintaining a Squeak (and
Squeak-beta) source distro module for Lunar Linux, which is a distro
that builds everything from source (like Gentoo) and my current
Squeak-beta module nicely asks if you want a 32 or 64 bit VM, so I
wondered if I could perhaps ask more nice questions with good defaults
:).

regards, Göran

PS. Lunar is really nice. Debian feels rather clunky now in
comparison...