VM "team"

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Mar 15 21:02:58 UTC 2005

Hi Ned,

This sounds good to me and I don't see many changes compared to current
practice. The major change would be the one that I actually object to:
Namely having the VMMaker code in SVN instead of having it with the
appropriate Squeak release. This I really don't like. In my
understanding, people who want to work with the VM should use:
* The Squeak version they want to build a VM from.
* A support code package matching that Squeak version.
The support code (e.g., the stuff written in C) should come from SVN,
but the Squeak code (the portion which is translated) should come with
Squeak, not with the C code.

Cheers,
   - Andreas