Unix 3.7 gamma VM

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Fri Mar 18 18:32:02 UTC 2005

Am 18.03.2005 um 18:13 schrieb Ian Piumarta:

> On Mar 18, 2005, at 09:07, Ned Konz wrote:
>
>> On Friday 18 March 2005 1:48 am, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>> The image segment loading bug is a show-stopper - changeset attached.
>>
>> But I'm not sure that's all the problems we're seeing.
>
> Fixing it a little might be better than not fixing it at all.
>
> Bert: does applying this changeset turn a 3.7-5898 VM that you cannot
> use into a VM that you can use?

Yes. Project loading will fail on two of our Linux machines without
this, now it works. The -mmap workaround only worked on one machine,
with the CS applied it isn't even necessary. So, if all agree that it
cannot hurt, it definitely helps in our case (which also was reported a
few times by other Linux users).

- Bert -