Unix 3.7 gamma VM

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Mar 18 18:40:34 UTC 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 2:08 pm, Ian Piumarta wrote:

> I thought I'd put out a 'gamma' before releasing the final 3.7.
> Archives of binaries and sources are available from the (new) usual
> place:
>
>      http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/unix/
>
> The same sources can be checked out from our Subversion repository, if
> you prefer:
>
>      svn co http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/tags/unix-3.7g-6
>
> If there are no show-stoppers in the next 24 hours or so I'll promote
> it to 3.7-7 'final' and begin pulling in lots of new stuff for 3.8...

What VMMaker version does that correspond to?

I see significant differences (for instance, in interp.c and in the
LargeIntegersPlugin) between the sources generated from VMMaker-tpr.5.mcz (30
Mar 2004) on SqueakSource (repository at http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/VMMaker)
and the generated sources in your src directory.

Where is the Squeak source code available if someone wants to work on the VM?
I can't find it on SVN or in your tarball.

In my opinion, this is why the VMMaker sources (the Squeak code, possibly in
MCZ format) should be versioned along with the C sources in SVN.

BTW, it works fine to read MCZ files directly from the SVN repository; commits
would be done in the usual way (save the mcz to the working directory and do
a commit).

Attached are the diffs I found.

--
Ned Konz