Scroll events

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Mar 18 21:06:19 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 12:58 pm, John M McIntosh wrote:
> It's called backwards compatibility. If you use CSA french keyboard
> layout *some* of the accented characters have different unicode values
> than macroman.
> Not passing up the MacRoman breaks 2.8 images...

In the Unix VM you can set an environment variable or command line argument to
change the encoding of input events. This changes what gets sent to the
image.

Perhaps either providing a way to pass down the encoding requirements to the
VM or giving an alternate way to launch the VM for older images might be OK.

After all, I suspect that people who are trying to use a new VM with a 2.8
image would probably be somewhat tech savvy.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com