Scroll events

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Mar 18 22:15:00 UTC 2005

MMm if you pass up the unicode in the keychar event as another field
then you'll reduce the amount  of extra smalltalk code we'll need to
run.
Your proposal means processing 4 events on each keystroke and perhaps
remembering state for the keychar versus EventKeyUTFChar.
If I have both in the same record it could simplify things, perhaps
even a flag to indicate the VM is passing up unicode is needed too.

I still think on the keydown/up I will need to pass up the unicode and
the raw keyboard code, so that you can figure out that unicode=function
key and rawkey = 90 implies
F1 on the mac.

On Mar 18, 2005, at 1:36 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> I'd say let's just list that unicode in a new event and everything
> should be pretty much fine.
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

===