fetchWordofObject

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri May 27 06:54:49 UTC 2005

/*    This message is deprecated.  Use fetchLong32, fetchLong64 or
fetchPointer */

sqInt fetchWordofObject(sqInt fieldIndex, sqInt oop) {
     error("deprecated -- do not use -- and then delete me");
}

Yes, but Croquet invokes the FFI  plugin which invokes
fetchWordofObject, and dies...  Try Croquet and a mac carbon 3.8.8b2
VM and see what happens.
I'll further note the suggestion to use  fetchLong32... is not
possible because I don't see fetchLong32 as an entry in the
sqVirtualMachine.h

So I'd suggest we change fetchWordofObject back to the original
logic,  to avoid toasting all the plugins that use it?

===